FACER2VM management structure provides the framework for engagement of all partners while allowing efficient decision making on research direction and resource allocation.
External governance is provided by a balanced Steering Board representing technology developers and integrators, user industries, government agencies, as well as providing other valuable expertise, e.g. on standardization, biometric system evaluation, links to the Janus programme, a consultant on performance evaluation, and scientific quality.
- Ensure a dynamic research programme that addresses the core objectives of delivering a step change in automatically identifying people based on face biometrics and video analytics;
- Allow the resources and expertise to be adapted to pursue directions with the greatest potential for transformative research leading to step change;
- Ensure efficient and effective communication and coordination between partners;
- Provide oversight of the research programme and operation;
- Ensure the project delivers high-quality research;
- Monitor and mitigate risk;
- Put in place mechanisms for the prevention of conflict and for conflict resolution.